This year the elimination round will take place on Wednesday October 5th at 6:00PM in SU 310 to select the top 6 groups overall that will perform during the evening Pageant competition on on Tuesday October 18th.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All entries from Greek organizations, university supported/fee funded organizations; area councils and non-fee funded organizations must include a MINIMUM OF FOUR participants who are members of the respective group. All must be current full-time undergraduates at UConn’s Storrs campus.
- Participant list (A1) needs to be submitted online, by Tuesday, October 4th.
- All participants must sign up for an audition time slot when entries are submitted.
- The Elimination will take place the week prior to the Homecoming Pageant and Alma Mater Sing Competition. Participation points will ONLY be awarded if your group shows up to sing in the elimination round.
- Groups will perform in closed auditions for a panel of judges. Only the group performing will be allowed in the audition room during their audition time.
- The top 6 groups with the highest scores will be posted, SU Room 307. These 6 groups will advance to compete on Tuesday October 18th during the Royalty Pageant.
- If selected as the finalist to compete in the final competition, participants MUST be able to compete on the evening of October 18th.
- The overall winner of the competition will also have to be able to perform at Homecoming Football game on Saturday October 22nd. They have the honor of singing the Alma Mater during the football pre-game.
- Each group may have only one entry but if there are 2 groups in your team, both groups need to be represented.
- The Alma Mater Song will only consist of the 1st verse, sung twice. The first time through will be the alma mater and the 2nd time through is where the creativity is allowed. You can only change either the words or the music but NOT BOTH. And the total performance time MUST be less than 3 minutes.
- The drinking of alcoholic beverages before your group’s audition & performance is strongly discouraged. Any group who is obviously under the influence of alcohol or other mind-altering drugs will be disqualified.
- Performers will be judged on the following criteria:
- Creativity (1st verse only; 1st time traditional; 2nd time can change- words or the music not both)
- Professionalism (sportsmanship, promptness, following rules, knowledge of words)